On 8 January 2019 we were invited to join members of the Probus Club of Wynn Vale to talk about the dangers of asbestos. This is a very active club of more than 60 people, who meet at The Gully Hotel. Many were surprised to learn how prevalent asbestos still is. One gentleman who worked for a government department before retirement shared some stories that surprised even us – this exchange of information is very valuable. There were many questions afterwards, particularly about exposure to asbestos and the health problems it can cause.